How to eliminate Time Wasters and be more effective...
Three years ago, I felt like "CRAP". I was living in Sydney and longed for the Mountains, I was over 200 lbs, with a 36" waist, eating junk food, drinking beer on a daily basis, working over 80 hours most weeks and sleeping less than 6 hours a night. I was maybe hiking or riding once a week and stressed-out pretty much all the time.
Today, I feel "ENERGIZED". I'm back in Vancouver playing in the mountains, 170 lbs, 32" waist, drink 2-3 litres of water a day, sleep at least 7.5 hours a night. I am mostly on a plant-based diet with a couple of glasses of Aussie Shiraz a week. Not only am I eating healthier, I hit the gym or pool 3 times a week and as a result, have no stress in my life. I am totally present with everything I do and have a clear and focused mindset.
"You can't be a Great Leader of an Amazing Team unless you’re fit, healthy, well-rested, unstressed and on TOP of your game."
I challenge you to make the following changes in your life this week.
- Relax use a proven 33 Second Breathing Technique - Breathe in for 4 counts, then out for 7 counts, 3x = 33 Seconds. Do this 3 times a day, the results will amaze you.
- Get more sleep; at least 7.5 hours every night. You will be more effective when well-rested. Download a free App - “Sleep Cycle”
- Eat “Clean” remove CRAP from your diet, cut down (or out) Carbs and Meat. If it didn’t exist 100 years ago, don’t eat it.
- Hit the Gym (3x/week), go for a daily walk, swim, ride or hike. Every year after 40, we lose 0.5lb of muscle and gain 0.5lb of fat. Buy a RENPHO Scale (Amazon $39) to measure your bio-chemistry.
- Is the item you’re working on going to get you closer to achieving your Strategic Goals? If not delegate or drop it.
- Learn how to say NO!!! When people come to you with a problem, send them away until they come back with a solution to the problem
- Eliminate your Self Limiting Beliefs and those of people around you, replace words like; I can’t, I’ll try, I might, I may with "I WILL"!!
- Only check your email and voicemail twice a day. Social Media (if you must) once a day. Avoid and eliminate distractions.
- Organize your life, have 3 different email addresses; 1 for family/personal, 1 for business and 1 for everything else. Unsubscribe and remove any unnecessary clutter.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
I would love to hear back from you with any additional ideas, or what worked or didn’t work for you.